mysteries and motorcycles

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stay tuned

I've been invited to give the keynote presentation at the Mid-Michigan Writer's Conference in Standish, MI on Saturday October 27. I'll be involved in other parts of the day's activities as well, moderating a workshop on writing techniques and plots.

I don't have any more details at this time but I expect to hear from the committee as soon as they tie up all the loose ends. Hopefully I'll be able to post a flyer right here on my blog.

I've done lots of presentations for both large and small groups but keynote speeches are a different animal. Normally I'm just pitching my books and telling everyone why they'd enjoy reading them. In a Keynote you're supposed to inform, educate, or just plain entertain your audience. Of the keynote speeches that I've attended, it's the humorous ones that I most remember. But I'm told that the group that I will be addressing is thirsty for information on how to get published so I'd better be bringing more than a stand-up routine along.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear more.

Posted by The Unreal McCoy :: 12:18 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------